Sunday, July 17, 2011

We Only Bloody Made it!

I would like to start this post by giving myself a pat on the back, "job well done", Hip Hip Hooray and a "You go girl!" We bloody made it to Nana's house!  After 11 hours, 500 Miles driving, 1 chunnel ride and 1 stop to re-fuel we arrived.. sleep deprived but HAPPY!
I am going to admit that I was absolutely bricking it the whole way to England (the driving in England didn't phase me at all) - I was so scared the whole way to the Chunnel, but it was good thing as the adrenaline kept me awake!
Now I wasn't scared of the actual driving, it was the "What ifs" that had me spooked..
What if Sophia screams the whole way
What if my GPS breaks
What if the truck breaks down
What if I get stopped by the "fake" Belgian police
What if I get to the Chunnel and for some reason they won't let me take the dog...
What if, What if, WHAT IF!

Well luckily none of that stuff happened, we drove some beautiful back roads in Germany (Sophia fell asleep after 30 minutes on the road!) then a straight shot through Belgium to France and Calais.. nothing broke, Sophia slept, the dog got his passport stamped.. the train didn't break down in the tunnel and we MADE IT!

I would very much like to thank the girls who kept me company along the way... Sheryl Crow, Alanis Morrisset, Gwen Steffani and the Dixie Chicks.. couldn't have done it without you!

2 comments:

  1. First of all... what are the "fake" belgian police?? Second of all... Odie has a passport!? Love your shout out to "the girls". Glad you made it in one piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There has been this thing in Belgium recently where "fake" cops driving cop cars, have been signaling motorists to pull over.. and when they do, thnking they are being pulled over by the police, they're being robbed! If you are being pulled over you are meant to call the police and verify they are real cops before you stop! Scary stuff!
    & Yup Odie has passport to travel anywhere within the EU without going into quarantine or anything!

    ReplyDelete