Sunday, July 31, 2011

Blogging about......blogging?

So I usually blog to update my family and BFFs on my wonderful life and Sophia's daily antics.. BUT since I have seen the majority of my family in the last couple of weeks and they have witnessed Sophia's AWESOME-NESS first hand I find myself thinking.... should I really blog that???? My Answer.... YES!

My child is just out-right funny, I had to answer the "Ages and Stages" 2 year questionnaire for her upcoming well baby appointment and just found myself laughing and laughing... they didn't "ask" me to give examples with each question answered but I thought.. what the heck!  She ticks all the boxes (and quite frankly has been doing these things for a while.... if she wasn't I would be REALLY worried.... but I'm sure there are kids out there approaching 2 that don't talk, or jump or kick a ball.. role play and use a fork, so they are obligated to ask these silly questions)  My favourite ones are definitely related to role playing and imagination:
  • While playing with a doll/stuffed toy does your child pretend to "mother" it, change it's diaper, try to feed it etc... (this particularly made me laugh, since just that morning Sophia was playing with her baby in Nana's room and decided to unpack Nana's new bra and use it to pretend to change baby's diaper, when she realised it was too big for a diaper she swiftly removed baby from the table, threw her on the bed and covered her with the bra/blanket and tell her it was nuh-nights time) I think we can check that box
  • Does your child use random objects and pretend they are other things i.e. a block as a phone? (this morning as we were packing up the hotel room, Sophia was on the bed playing in the covers... she lumped them all together and was building a "snowman" she the proceeded to grab a sheet and climb down from the bed ready to throw the snowball at me.... when I told her it was time to go, and that she couldn't take the "snowball" with her.... she threw it down and nonchalantly shimmied out the room like the last 10 minutes were what every child does when waiting around!  This was after she had been dragging around the room telephone all morning taking her "puppy" for a walk! CHECK BOX!
I lose track of all the stuff she does, I feel like a need to carry a notepad around with me all day so I can write this stuff down so as not to forget!

3 comments:

  1. Just wait till baby #2.... they don't do things quite as quickly as baby #1. Landon was always above and beyond what they asked. Grace on the other hand has always been above and beyond in everything but talking... she says words but not nearly as many as Landon did and she has yet to start putting two plus words together. But she is still 3 months away from her 2nd birthday, so hopefully she will start soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be NO baby #2 so we're all good! I think it's a given with the second child though that they don't do things as fast, they have big bro/sis to do things & communicate for them.. I'm sure Grace "talks" perfectly to Landon and he knows EXACTLY what she's saying & what she wants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really?! I thought for sure y'all would have more then one! I am still trying to convince Brad for just one more lol

    ReplyDelete