Sunday, August 7, 2011

aaaahhhhhhhhh

I just realized today that my blog is partially named "Deployment Days" and as yet I haven't really written about our current deployment, so I figured a lazy Sunday is the perfect day to do so....

This deployment is pretty much 28% done, and I say "pretty much" because technically I don't know when Josh will be back, so as a good wife always should... I err on the side of caution and add a few extra days to the countdown just in case... so we could be sitting here at 30%... but who knows!

28% has gone by in the blink of an eye.  I think it's because I have had stuff to do and plans to see through... the first few weeks were gearing up to leave for England.. then since I've been here in Blighty, I've been busy with shopping & organizing our trip for my cousins wedding, get back from that and then into Sophia's birthday party planning... this week will be spent finishing bits up and making her cake.. then next week will be our last week here to go do stuff and then the trip home....

The REAL deployment will start in September, once we're settled back in our home, my sister and nephew have departed and it's just Sophia & I, one loooooong day after another....! Thank goodness I am part of MOMS club (Awesome group of Women) and they have activities each week to keep everyone entertained, kiddos and Mummies alike, it also means I get to chat to real grown up people every few days.. which is an added bonus... after a few days of just chit chatting with Sophia & Odie, I often feel my sanity drifting away...

So far it really hasn't been much to write about... I send a few care packages, make sure the bills & rent get paid, cut the grass once in a while.. and go about my life as I usually would.. I just know thought that I am going to hate it when the first snow hits and I have to shovel the damn driveway and sidewalk every.freakin.day...... 2 is too young to have Sophia out there doing it.... right!??!!

Before I sign off, I should probably mention Josh in this post... since I am sure he is part of this deployment somewhere..... my poor DH stuck in 120+ heat and 20-90% humidity each day..... sleeping on the top bunk in a room with 2 other guys, surviving on a diet of grilled cheese, cereal and twizzlers... getting sunburned to hell when he attempts to spend his day off at the pool... having to hear about his wife having a good ol' time with her family and friends, and about how awesome his daughter is and how much she's learning and growing each and every day.. but not actually being able to see if for himself.... Selfish me...I thought I would have the raw deal when he left, but not in a million years would I want to trade places... he's a good kid and doesn't bitch too much... but I think that's because he knows if he did I would pretend like Skype had a bad connection and would drop the call....

No comments:

Post a Comment