Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Have a German Lover?

Yes I know there is a question mark at the end of the title..all will become clear, maybe...

This afternoon was spent pulling weeds in the garden.  While we were away my lovely landlords took it upon themselves to cut my grass, however they weren't gracious enough to pull the weeds from the flower beds and it looked like the triffids were taking over... for fear that my poor child would be eaten, I armed myself with a bucket, trowel, scraper, cushion to comfort my rear (I'm a luxury gardener) and set to work... At about 4pm my neighbours started flocking home, not sure why they all finish at 4pm vs 5pm, and soon enough, as I am perched precariously on the wall between my garden and my neighbours driveway, along comes my neighbour... and this is where it gets a little "interesting"

Neighbour - "I see you have been doing your husbands work"

Me - "In more ways than one..." snicker... OMG did I just say that out loud to my German neighbour.... I immediately start to feel my face flush....

Neighbour - laughing with knowing smile "well looks nice, you are doing good job, if you need help I send my son over"

Me - glad we are talking about the garden.... "that's very kind of you, hopefully I will be done soon, but if he'd like to help he can come over"

Neighbour - "OK, Tschuss"

..... and back to pulling weeds I go...... an hour or so passes, no sign of the neighbour and I need to make dinner... it's going to take me the next few days to finish up the rest of the weeding so if I see him while I'm out there I'll rope him into helping me....

FAST FORWARD to 8:45pm....

Sophia has been asleep for about .2 seconds when the doorbell rings.. you have got to be kidding me... if she wakes up I will kill the person on the other side of the door!
I open it up and who is standing there..... my neighbours son... now you may have read this far and are thinking that the son is probably a young kid looking to make some extra pocket money.. well you are wrong... as it's so expensive to live out here in Germany, many people live with their parents well into their 20s.. while they attend university... my neighbours son is one of them... anyway.. open door...

The Son - "Hallo"

Me - "Hallo"

The Son - " I am here to do the work of your husband" and he F-ing WINKS....OMG
(I'm sure he is trying not to laugh)

Me - "ummmm ahhhh well it's getting late and dark out, maybe another day would be better"

The Son - "YES, I will come back and ask again tomorrow evening, maybe you need me then"

Me - "ummmmmmm the baby is asleep, the evening is not so good"

The Son - " Thank you, see you tomorrow night" and he walks away...

so we weren't talking about the garden after all....tomorrow night I have a hot date with the son of my neighbour... he's coming to do my "husbands work"... should be interesting....he he

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Atleast the dad wasn't trying to come and "do your husbands work"! Me and LaDonna are sitting here laughing our asses off!! Love Always, Lauren

    ReplyDelete